[Koha-devel] availability of a reserved item

Paul POULAIN paul.poulain at free.fr
Wed Oct 29 13:39:00 CET 2008

Joshua Ferraro a écrit :
> On Wed, Oct 29, 2008 at 8:20 AM, Nicole Engard
> <nicole.engard at liblime.com> wrote:
>> I agree! It should say that it's not available or that it's on hold.
>> Seems like a bug - or a feature that was never implemented.
> Really? To me it's an issue of semantics -- what does 'available' mean
> in this context? For instance, it's available for hold right? That is,
> it's not lost, missing or withdrawn ...

In OPAC, patrons understand "Available" by :"I can come to the library &
get the book" (either for reading in the library, or issuing)

If the book is on hold, then it's no more possible : the item is on the
shelves of books waiting to be picked-up by the patron who holded it.

If a patron want to put a hold on OPAC, he will be warned that he will
be the 2nd to put an hold on this book. It's an acceptable workaround
(although not long term)
But if the patron look at OPAC, see "available", and come to the
library... he will discover that the book is not really available...

--
Paul POULAIN
http://www.biblibre.com