[Koha-devel] configuration files for Debian packaging 2/3 (reconfiguration)

Vincent Danjean vdanjean.ml at free.fr
Wed Oct 29 23:07:08 CET 2008

  Hi,

  As I've a few free time, I'm trying to complete a first version of
Debian Koha packaging.
  I've a few questions for koha/zebra/.. guru that I separate in 3 mails.

  Here is the second mail.

  I would like koha users to be able to do 'dpkg-reconfigure koha'
to modify most of the config. However, I've some question about the
switches.

  I know how to configure apache, so I have no question about
koha-httpd.conf.

  If we want to switch from a koha with zebra to a koha without zebra:
- is it possible?
- what must be done? (in addition to change config files)

  If we want to switch from a koha without zebra to a koha with zebra:
- is it possible?
- what must be done? (in addition to change config files)

  If we want to enable the SRU server on a koha with zebra:
- is it possible?
- what must be done? (in addition to change config files)
  (only restart zebrasrv?)

  If we want to disable the SRU server on a koha with zebra:
- is it possible?
- what must be done? (in addition to change config files)
  (only restart zebrasrv?)

  If we want to enable the PAZPAR2 server on a koha with zebra:
- is it possible?
- what must be done? (in addition to change config files)
  (only restart zebrasrv and start pazpar2?)

  If we want to disable the PAZPAR2 server on a koha with zebra:
- is it possible?
- what must be done? (in addition to change config files)
  (only restart zebrasrv and stop pazpar2?)

  If we want to switch the authorities indexing mode (dom <-> grs1)
on a koha with zebra:
- is it possible?
- what must be done? (in addition to change config files)
  (only restart zebrasrv?)

  If we want to switch the primary language for Zebra indexing
(en <-> fr) on a koha with zebra:
- is it possible?
- what must be done? (in addition to change config files)
  (only restart zebrasrv?)

  If we want to switch the MARC format for Zebra indexing
(MARC 21 <-> UNIMARC) on a koha with zebra:
- is it possible?
- what must be done? (in addition to change config files)
  (only restart zebrasrv?)

  So, if any guru can confirm/answer to my guesses, it would be easier for
me to manage the configuration files without messing up all things and
allowing a flexible koha reconfiguration on Debian.

  Best regards,
    Vincent

Vincent Danjean       GPG key ID 0x9D025E87         vdanjean at debian.org
GPG key fingerprint: FC95 08A6 854D DB48 4B9A  8A94 0BF7 7867 9D02 5E87
Unofficial pacakges: http://www-id.imag.fr/~danjean/deb.html#package
APT repo:  deb http://perso.debian.org/~vdanjean/debian unstable main