[Koha-devel] community structure (RMaint, translation manager, QA manager...)

Paul POULAIN paul.poulain at free.fr
Wed Sep 3 15:46:18 CEST 2008

Hi,

Back from my august vacation, it seems that we have reach the 3.0
official release, and that's good to see.

IMO, the next step is to organize the next months team

we need a 3.2 Release Manager, and we have one candidate (galen, LibLime).
we need a Release Maintainer, and we have 2 candidates (hdl, BibLibre &
kados/joshua, LibLime)
we need a Translation Manager, and we have 1 candidate (chris C., Catalyst)
we need a QA manager and we had some thoughts about that on irc,
although no decision afaik.
we need a Doc manager, and we have one candidate (nicole, LibLime).

Previously, we always have choosen the guys (sorry Nicole, you're the
1st woman in the game on this matter ;-) ) by IRC general applause (ie:
no formal vote, but an evidency that the candidate is the best we will
have).
We always have had only 1 candidate, except once, for 3.0 RM, were we
had joshua & Pierrick. (Seems we had choosen the good guy as
Pierrick/Ineo disappeared some time after ;-) )

So :
- What about having an IRC meeting to nominate officially all Koha
positions ? and announce them everywhere.
- What about 3.0RMaint ? hdl is still candidate & will devote some time
on that specifically (with BibLibre growing, things should be better for
him). Looking at recent head commits, some are bugfixes that should be
cherry picked to 3.0 branch. The plan, if he is accepted as RMaint, is
to release a version once every 3 months (except if there is a blocking
bugfix : "immediate" release in this case)
--
Paul POULAIN
http://www.biblibre.com