[Koha-devel] Installing 3.0 on FreeBSD - Web Installer Errors

Joshua Ferraro jmf at liblime.com
Fri Sep 26 14:54:29 CEST 2008

On Fri, Sep 26, 2008 at 4:46 AM, Henri-Damien LAURENT
<laurenthdl at alinto.com> wrote:
> Thomas Sewell a écrit :
>> I've been struggling to get Koha 3.0 installed on FreeBSD 7.0. I know, a
>> glutton for punishment, right?
>>
>> After wading through the installation process (including installing
>> additional cpan modules and rewriting the installed sample koha-conf.xml and
>> koha-httpd.conf files to use the right file paths, since the installer
>> didn't seem to configure them based on what the makefile used), I've finally
>> run into an issue that I can't find enough information to solve.
>>
>> My understanding is that the web installer is supposed to install the tables
>> into the database. At least, there is nothing in the koha database at this
>> point.
>>
>> When going to
>> http://intranet.example.net:8000/cgi-bin/koha/installer/install.pl I get the
>> following html message:
>>
>> production mode - trapped fatal error
>>
>> And the following lines in koha-error_log:
>>
>> [Thu Sep 25 17:28:22 2008] [error] [client 63.230.9.45] [Thu Sep 25 17:28:22
>> 2008] install.pl: DBD::mysql::st execute failed: Table
>> 'koha.language_subtag_registry' doesn't exist at
>> /usr/share/koha/lib/C4/Languages.pm line 178.
>> [Thu Sep 25 17:28:22 2008] [error] [client 63.230.9.45] [Thu Sep 25 17:28:22
>> 2008] install.pl: DBD::mysql::db selectrow_array failed: Table
>> 'koha.systempreferences' doesn't exist at /usr/share/koha/lib/C4/Context.pm
>> line 479.
>>
> This seems to be owed to the fact that you donot have any database
> structure in your database
> consider loading /installer/data/mysql/kohastructure.sql in your koha
> database.
Those errors are actually harmless, except for the 'production mode -
trapped fatal error' one. Loading kohastructure.sql manually will just
confuse the web installer. I've gotten that production mode error
myself when I had the wrong CGI::Session libraries installed. You may
need to install CGI::Session::yaml

Hope that helps.

Cheers,

CEO                         migration, training, maintenance, support