[Koha-devel] koha code cleaning bug?

MJ Ray mjr at phonecoop.coop
Tue Sep 30 10:59:55 CEST 2008

Marc Chantreux <marc.chantreux at biblibre.com> wrote:
> I don't want another koha developper to loose some time to read code
> just because i gain some time to write it (i don't want to blame myself
> for it). Using perl stuff makes sense if everyone does it and even if it
> will be officially recommanded by the coding style, it will not be
> reality.
>
> $_ is not the only one point that can confuse the code reader so i also
> ban for my code: [...list of useful things...]

That would be a shame.  I've seen at least one of the *Ms say that it
won't be in the style guide either way (which makes sense - the main
challenge at the moment is getting code written and fixed up), so use
whichever feels easiest.

Throwing out perlres especially seems like cutting one's nose off to
spite your face.

Regards,
--
MJ Ray (slef)