[Koha-devel] koha code cleaning bug?

Galen Charlton galen.charlton at liblime.com
Tue Sep 30 14:31:05 CEST 2008

Hi,

On Tue, Sep 30, 2008 at 3:59 AM, MJ Ray <mjr at phonecoop.coop> wrote:
> Marc Chantreux <marc.chantreux at biblibre.com> wrote:
>> $_ is not the only one point that can confuse the code reader so i also
>> ban for my code: [...list of useful things...]
>
> That would be a shame.  I've seen at least one of the *Ms say that it
> won't be in the style guide either way (which makes sense - the main
> challenge at the moment is getting code written and fixed up), so use
> whichever feels easiest.

I agree.  As I said, I would not use $_-as-implicit-iterator as a
basis for rejecting patches, and I don't have an problem with people
taking full advantage of Perl.  I do prefer clarity, but since
(obviously) there are differences of opinion about particular
constructs, I think the coding style guide should focus on the
essentials.

Regards,

Galen
--