[Koha-devel] How to make z39.50 server

Dobrica Pavlinusic dpavlin at rot13.org
Wed Dec 9 10:53:36 CET 2009

On Wed, Dec 09, 2009 at 07:48:45AM +0000, Jonathan Field wrote:
> The values for the port is found in your koha-conf.xml
> <!-- public server runs on tcp -->
> <!-- <listen id="publicserver" >tcp:@:9999</listen> -->
>
> in this case 9999. You can change the port number if you wish though.

>From my experiments, this is not enough, because publicserver won't
serve any records. Host of instructions suggest that you have to
duplicate whole configuration for your biblioserver, but there is easier
way, change[1]:

<server id="biblioserver"  listenref="biblioserver">

into

<server id="biblioserver">

which force Zebra to listen on unix socket (for koha) *AND* on tcp port
9999 (for external usage).

Hope this helps...

1: Zebra documentation at: http://www.indexdata.com/zebra/doc/zebrasrv.html

--