[Koha-devel] koha-dev IRC channel ?

Chris Cormack chris at bigballofwax.co.nz
Thu Dec 10 19:50:38 CET 2009

2009/12/11 Kyle Hall <kyle.m.hall at gmail.com>:
> I've always wondered why the developer meetings to place on #koha. It
> seems logical to me to have them take place in #developer-meeting or
> something similar. The meetings would still be open to all, but people
> not interested in the meeting would not interrupt it by accident.

In the 10 years of the irc channel existing, this has never actually
been a problem.
(Meetings being interrupted).

I agree with Nahuel that currently there are a lot of people asking
install questions, and not as much higher level technical discussion.
But I also agree with Ian and Nicole, and that we should just talk
about it if we need to.
If there was a #koha-developers channel I would still stay on #koha,
and maybe lurk in there too, but #koha is the main focus ... what we
really need to do is turn the CGI::IRC script off on koha.org.
If anyone at Liblime is reading this, could you please either give
someone edit rights on the free support page, or remove the link to
the cgi-irc gateway please. Mibbit is far better.

Chris