[Koha-devel] koha-dev IRC channel ?

MJ Ray mjr at phonecoop.coop
Fri Dec 11 17:06:11 CET 2009

Nahuel ANGELINETTI wrote:
> I think it should be fine to have a developper irc channel to talk about
> technical questions, without been flooded by user/install questions, and
> talk only about code guidelines, futur of koha, ways to do, how to do,
> etc...
>
> What do you think about this?

I think dividing the community is a good way to help people conquer it,
so development should continue to be discussed in the main IRC channel.

If you need a break-out channel to go discuss things for a while and
then bring the conclusions back to the main channel, that's simple
with IRC.  Also maybe a koha-lobby should be opened while meetings
are happening in the main channel.

Is this an actual problem?  Can you show something in the logs where a
technical discussion and user questions have come into conflict?

Thanks,
--
MJ Ray (slef)  Webmaster and LMS developer at     | software