[Koha-devel] Koha Issuing Rules and Borrower

Frederic Demians frederic at tamil.fr
Thu Dec 17 16:30:27 CET 2009

Hi,

Is there a way in Koha to know if a borrower is allowed to check out a
book without trying to do it effectively? I would like to be able, given
a borrower number, to know immediately if he's blocked. This is related
to Koha SIP2 Server. In the protocol, the Self-Check can ask to Koha
such a thing and give immediately feedback to the patron.

For what I see in C4::Circulation, there is a function named TooMany
which verify a borrower's authorization to check out put but with an
item number. Do you think that Koha issuing rules would permit to have a
IsBorrowerAllowedToCheckout function accepting just a borrower ID parameter?

Thanks.
--
Frédéric DEMIANS
http://www.tamil.fr/u/fdemians.html