[Koha-devel] Improving Koha's OPAC Search

Chad G. Hansen cgh at byu.edu
Fri Dec 18 19:03:54 CET 2009

Thank you for your responses.

The design of the enhanced library search engine we would like to integrate
with Koha can be found in the 2009 JASIST paper which was co-authored by
several members of our team now. Here is the reference for that paper:

Maria Soledad Pera, William Lund, and Yiu-Kai Ng, A Sophisticated Library
Search Strategy Using Kolksonomies and Similarity Matches <
http://faculty.cs.byu.edu/~dennis/papers/EnLibS-Rev.pdf<http://faculty.cs.byu.edu/%7Edennis/papers/EnLibS-Rev.pdf>>.
Journal of the American Society of Information Science and Technology
(JASIST) Volumne 60, Issue 7, pp. 1392-1406, July 2009.

You can download the paper from the link and view it if you would like.
Essentialy the sustem uses folksonomies (tagging) to provide more relevent
search results to the user. The tags they used to do similarity matching
were actually from LibraryThing.

I would suggest reading at least the abstract of this document if you want
to know more of what thy did.

I will look into Zebra a little more to see if our answer is with them.

Thanks,
Chad

Thank you,
Chad