[Koha-devel] Koha Cache -- Problem with Changing Admin Password?

Richard Forristall Richard.Forristall at goodwillaz.org
Wed Dec 23 23:54:48 CET 2009

Does Koha use a cache to remember config settings in OPAC and Intranet?

I updated koha_conf.xml to change the password and now in the librarian
view and OPAC view I get this error:
Access denied for user 'kohaadmin'@'localhost' (using password: YES) at
/home/koha/kohaclone/C4/Context.pm line 667.
Compilation failed in require at /home/koha/kohaclone/C4/Circulation.pm
line 25.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at
/home/koha/kohaclone/C4/Circulation.pm line 25.
Compilation failed in require at /home/koha/kohaclone/C4/Overdues.pm
line 24.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /home/koha/kohaclone/C4/Overdues.pm
line 24.
Compilation failed in require at /home/koha/kohaclone/C4/Members.pm line
27.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /home/koha/kohaclone/C4/Members.pm
line 27.
Compilation failed in require at /home/koha/kohaclone/C4/Auth.pm line
31.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /home/koha/kohaclone/C4/Auth.pm
line 31.
Compilation failed in require at
/home/koha/kohaclone/opac/opac-search.pl line 12.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at
/home/koha/kohaclone/opac/opac-search.pl line 12.

Here's what I've done:

1.  changed the password in koha_conf.xml.
2.  updated the kohaadmin password in mysql for koha dbase
3.  restarted apache2
4.  checked if in terminal I can access mysql with new password -- yes I
can
5.  when the above error echos -- I was inserted the password it was
getting in Context.pm line 667 - that password was the former password.
6.  in Context.pm I hard code the new password and there's success.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks,

Rick
Rick Forristall