[Koha-devel] Koha-devel Digest, Vol 49, Issue 42

tajoli tajoli at cilea.it
Wed Dec 30 15:42:13 CET 2009

Hi,

On Wed, 30 Dec 2009 16:55:55 +0530, Sunita Barve <sunitabarve at gmail.com>
wrote:
> I have struggled a lot to see whether Koha works successfully on Ubuntu
> 9.10
> distro. But surprisingly it does not gets installed successfully on every
> machine and here is the observation.

the install instructions are for Ubuntu Jaunty (9.04) with MySQL 5.0
So, to install on Karmic Koala (9.10) you need more attention.

I don't do an install on Ubuntu 9.10 [I use 9.04],
so I can only suggest.

1)Delete your installation of Ubuntu 9.10, to do those test you need a
fresh install

2)Check the list of the file install_misc/ubuntu.packages

3)About Mysql

install or update to last package
libmysqlclient16
libmysqlclient16-dev

update to last package
libdbd-mysql-perl

install or update to last package
libdbi-perl

4)After 'make' install all modules listerd using CPAN.

5)lanch 'make install'

6)Write here the result.

Bye
Zeno Tajoli