[Koha-devel] A question about subtitles and performance

Owen Leonard oleonard at myacpl.org
Thu Dec 31 16:15:55 CET 2009

At the moment when you look at the contents of a list in the OPAC or
the staff client you don't see subtitles. In other places in Koha I've
seen this used to grab subtitles:

my $subtitle  = C4::Biblio::get_koha_field_from_marc('bibliosubtitle',
'subtitle', $record, '');

Where $record  is set by doing:

my $record = GetMarcBiblio($biblionumber);

It works to make these changes in C4/VirtualShelves/Page.pm (around
line 183), but I'm not sure that's the right thing to do here--I'm
concerned about the overhead of doing that when looping through list
contents.

Yes? No?

 -- Owen

--