[Koha-devel] A question about subtitles and performance

LAURENT Henri-Damien henridamien.laurent at gmail.com
Thu Dec 31 18:35:46 CET 2009

Owen Leonard wrote:
> At the moment when you look at the contents of a list in the OPAC or
> the staff client you don't see subtitles. In other places in Koha I've
> seen this used to grab subtitles:
>
> my $subtitle  = C4::Biblio::get_koha_field_from_marc('bibliosubtitle',
> 'subtitle', $record, '');
>
> Where $record  is set by doing:
>
> my $record = GetMarcBiblio($biblionumber);
>
> It works to make these changes in C4/VirtualShelves/Page.pm (around
> line 183), but I'm not sure that's the right thing to do here--I'm
> concerned about the overhead of doing that when looping through list
> contents.
>
> Yes? No?
>
>  -- Owen

I would also be concerned about the fact that not doing that would not
display subtitles.
And it is the case.
I donot know for VERY LONG lists (say some 100 elements), but for most
lists I saw, this seems to be ok.
Paginating lists would be a valuable enhancement.
And using XSLT on a record collection could also be a way to ease,
standardize, and boost the lists display.
--
Henri-Damien LAURENT