[Koha-devel] Frameworks

Owen Leonard oleonard at myacpl.org
Mon Feb 2 16:43:58 CET 2009

> * Along with an accompanying policy it defines what fields/subfields
> display in the OPAC and how they're labeled.  Staff can always see all
> MARC fields in edit mode, but display depends on the policies.  Does the
> framework control OPAC display in Koha?

Frameworks don't affect how data is displayed in the staff client or
the OPAC. In the staff client and the default OPAC view the display is
defined by the script that generates the output. In the OPAC you can
also display records using an XSL template--turn on the
XSLTDetailsDisplay system preference. You could then edit the
MARC21slim2OPACDetail.xsl file to customize the display.

I like the idea of having the framework control the display in the
staff client and the OPAC but I don't have any idea whether it would
be workable.

  -- Owen

--
Web Developer