[Koha-devel] Frameworks

Owen Leonard oleonard at myacpl.org
Mon Feb 2 17:34:47 CET 2009

Jane, I hope you don't mind I'm CC'ing the devel list since you
replied only to me and I'm not an expert on this:

> So the framework is only used in staff mode
> for creating/editing bibs?  What about the connection (if any) to the
> actual MARC standard?  They keep making changes to that -- I just did a
> bunch of format policy edits on a Sirsi system to update to the latest
> fields/subfields.

Yes, the framework is only used to define what fields are displayed on
the MARC edit screen. I suppose that as the MARC standard changes the
Koha developers should be making changes to the default frameworks
that come with Koha, but otherwise it's the job of the Koha user to
alter the frameworks as they see fit.

  -- Owen

--
Web Developer