[Koha-devel] Frameworks

Nicolas Morin nicolas.morin at biblibre.com
Tue Feb 3 08:50:07 CET 2009

On Mon, Feb 2, 2009 at 5:34 PM, Owen Leonard <oleonard at myacpl.org> wrote:
> Jane, I hope you don't mind I'm CC'ing the devel list since you
> replied only to me and I'm not an expert on this:
>
>> So the framework is only used in staff mode
>> for creating/editing bibs?  What about the connection (if any) to the
>> actual MARC standard?  They keep making changes to that -- I just did a
>> bunch of format policy edits on a Sirsi system to update to the latest
>> fields/subfields.
>
> Yes, the framework is only used to define what fields are displayed on
> the MARC edit screen. I suppose that as the MARC standard changes the
> Koha developers should be making changes to the default frameworks
> that come with Koha, but otherwise it's the job of the Koha user to
> alter the frameworks as they see fit.

As far as the UNIMARC format is concerned, BibLibre did change the
"default" framework when the standard changed: it's the framework
that's available as an sql file with a release.
Other than that, if a librarian did a "DVD" framework, it's her job to
alter it, as Owen said.
So : the default framework, provided with Koha, is up to date; locally
created frameworks might not be. A script from you to keep that all in
sync would be swell, that's for sure.
Nicolas

>  -- Owen
>
> --