[Koha-devel] Frameworks

Wagner, Jane jwagner at ptfs.com
Tue Feb 3 13:36:25 CET 2009

-----Original Message-----
As far as the UNIMARC format is concerned, BibLibre did change the
"default" framework when the standard changed: it's the framework
that's available as an sql file with a release.
Other than that, if a librarian did a "DVD" framework, it's her job to
alter it, as Owen said.
So : the default framework, provided with Koha, is up to date; locally
created frameworks might not be. A script from you to keep that all in
sync would be swell, that's for sure.
Nicolas

Thanks to all. I have a much better picture now of how the pieces fit
together.  We're using MARC21, not UNIMARC, but can I assume that the
"default" framework would get updated in any future releases?  If we do
an upgrade from version 3x to version 4x or whatever, the default
framework will get overwritten?  I'm looking at some local changes, and
I need to know where to make them.

Jane Wagner
Library Systems Analyst
PTFS Inc.