[Koha-devel] Database size with InnoDB

Nahuel ANGELINETTI nahuel at biblibre.com
Thu Jan 8 16:42:01 CET 2009

Hi people,

I don't know if some people have a big experience from InnoDB
and MySQL.
We just see in mysql documentation innoDB does not
reallow the disk space of deleted datas.
An example : the disk used by one of our clients, who have only 50 000
notices, is 4GB and is still growing. The explication is innodb don't
delete data from disk after a "drop" or a "delete".
http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.0/en/adding-and-removing.html
"Currently, you cannot remove a data file from the tablespace. To
decrease the size of your tablespace, use this procedure: "

The solution to decrease the size of data file, is to dump, and
restore the database... A really bad solution for production
installations.

Does someone have experimented the same problem?
What are your solution about this problem ?

bests,

--
Nahuel ANGELINETTI