[Koha-devel] Fixing holding info after an import

Jason Macki jmacki at iisd.ca
Sun Jan 11 05:10:57 CET 2009

Hello,

I'm doing an import from another library system to Koha version 3 on Linux.

I used the bulkmarcimport.pl script to import the bibliographic information, populating the "biblio" and "biblioitems" tables. Then I ran a program to fill in the holding information by directly inserting rows into the "items" table.

That worked, except that the "biblioitems" table has a field called "marcxml", which includes the holding information for that book.

Now, if I use the Koha management application to edit and save a holding item, it fills in the holding information in the "marcxml" field of the corresponding "biblioitems" record, and the Koha features which depend on the holding information in the "marcxml" field work properly.

My question is, is there a script in Koha 3 that will automatically put the holding information contained in the "items" table into the "marcxml" field of the "biblioitems" table?

Thanks very much,
Jason