[Koha-devel] how to handle the link back to amazon?

Nicolas Morin nicolas.morin at biblibre.com
Fri Jan 16 11:59:13 CET 2009

Hi there,
I want to gather opinions about a possible small change in the way the
Amazon covers are handled in the opac on the detailed view of a
record.
Currently we show the Amazon cover and link back to the product's page
on Amazon's web site from the cover itself. Some librarians I talk to
are uncomfortable with the idea that their public library will show a
link to a (monopolistic (online-only (us-owned
(insert-yr-own-fears-here)))) bookseller in such a prominent way :
using the whole cover image as a link.
At least some of them would be assuaged, I think, by a more discreet
link between their opac and Amazon : removing the link from the image
itself and providing it through a tiny text just below the image,
saying "source : Amazon", might be a solution. See example at
http://www.libfly.com/je-suis-une-legende-livre-25918.html
What do you think?
Nicolas
--