[Koha-devel] authorities question again

Michael Hafen mdhafen at tech.washk12.org
Tue Jan 20 17:03:00 CET 2009

Mason,
  I had been told previously on this list that the indexing daemon is
deprecated, as per the instructions in INSTALL.  The preferred method of
updating the zebra index is rebuild_zebra.pl -a -b -z.  According to git
the -z option was added by Galen on March 25 2008, which is before the
release of 3.0.0 (August 10, 2008).
  I'm not sure which should be prefered, but it seems rebuild-zebra.pl
-a -b -z is the current recommendation.  Is this not the case?
  Thanks.

[snip]

--
Michael Hafen