[Koha-devel] For immediate release: Koha Open Source Community Regrets Failure of PTFS, Inc. to Comply with Community Guidelines

paul POULAIN paul.poulain at biblibre.com
Fri Jan 30 14:34:12 CET 2009

Rick Welykochy a écrit :
> paul POULAIN wrote:
>
>> "PTFS has yet to participate in the community or submit a single
>> piece of code or patch to the Project. They have not contributed to
>> or supported the project at all," said Chris Cormack, original author
>> of the Koha version 1.0, and current Translation Manager for the
>> Project.
>
> If it is found that PTFS makes any changes to the source code and
> distributes
> those changes to their customers, then under the GPL they are bound to
> make those changes available to the public.
Hi Rick,

Nope, they are bound to provide the source code to their customers, with
the permission to modify & redistribute it themselves.

The source code IS shipped with koha, due to Perl
For permission to modify & redistribute, I bet that their customers
don't care, so they won't (+ they don't have technical knowings probably)

--
Paul POULAIN
http://www.biblibre.com