[Koha-devel] Trouble using Koha

Reza Payandehnik rpayandehnik at auaf.edu.af
Tue Jan 27 08:37:05 CET 2009

Dear Koha Developers

This is Reza Payandehnik, the IT officer in American University of
Afghanistan. I am really facing a problem with KOHA 3.00 installation over
the network. Recently, I installed koha on Linux Debian 2.14, Apache 2.2,
MySQL 5.0 and Perl 2.0. I used a KOHA installation manual to install all
requirements and dependencies and then I installed KOHA. Everything is ok
and Koha is working properly on the linux machine.

There is no problem on working with KOHA on local linux machine. The problem
is that KOHA is not accessible through the network. I mean windows machines
can not get access to it, when someone browses to the
http://koha:8080/cgi-bin/koha/mainpage.pl , Apache says that the URL can not
be found on the server. Apache is working properly, becuase I installed
other applications which they are accessible via the network easily, only
KOHA can not work on the network.

It will be very very kind of you to help me to solve this problem.

Best Regards
--
Reza Payandehnik
IT Officer, Databases, AUAF IT Department

Tel: +93 (0) 797 44 31 10
Email: rpayandehnik at auaf.edu.af