[Koha-devel] Sip2 and Sip.pm

Colin Campbell colin.campbell at ptfs-europe.com
Mon Jul 6 15:02:44 CEST 2009

Hi,
   there's an underlying assumption in Koha's Sip implementation that
messages from sip units will be terminated by carriage return line feed.
This works with many sip clients (including 3M). However the sip2
standard mandates that sip messages are terminated by carriage return
(hex 0d). That means any client that implements the standard as
specified (and I know of at least 2 such vendors) can't connect to
Koha's implementation (which sits waiting for the CR). It also means
that those units that send hex 0a in the body of text can cause grief.
I'm wondering if anyone has any thoughts on improving the server side.

Cheers
Colin
--
Colin Campbell