[Koha-devel] Re: Staff client keyboard shortcuts

Darrell Ulm darrellulm at smfpl.org
Wed Jul 15 20:54:27 CEST 2009

Owen Leonard <oleonard at ...> writes:

> Going forward, how should we choose the default keyboard shortcuts?
>
> Should we attempt to fall back on accesskeys? If no, should we expand
> the use of js-based keyboard shortcuts?

The ideal solution is to employ a simple keyboard shortcut map interface. Of
course there could be defaults, but the admin may change settings. This is a
good way to do it because it makes everyone happy regardless of their key
preference.

Speaking of preferences.... :)  One way to do this is another category of
SysPrefs. Why would one need another interface when the SYSpref can certainly
handle it.

Check-Out      [F1]   <--use can set to whatever
Check-In       [F2]

Then again, every database access is more time. Seems like these would be cached
in short order. Sys Prefs are used to determine functionality elsewhere.

Darrell Ulm