[Koha-devel] Koha Label Module Re-write

Chris Nighswonger cnighswonger at foundations.edu
Tue Jul 28 17:13:02 CEST 2009

Hi all,

I've been working for a while on re-writing the label module from the ground
up and am nearly complete. The new code takes a more OO approach and should
make the implementation of new features easier (ie. single label printing
for a single item, etc.) I'm hoping to be finished in time for the feature
freeze at the end of August. The initial objective is to bring the new code
up to the same specifications as the old and perform easily implimented
bug-fixes along the way. I'll try to publish my repo over the next week so
anyone who likes can have a look at the wip.

Incidentally, this re-write will remove the patron card utility code
intitially. It was only nearly finished in its current state. I plan to add
it back in finished form after completeing work on the labels code. This
means it will probably not make it into the next release.

Kind Regards,
Chris

Christopher Nighswonger
Faculty Member