[Koha-devel] Koha Label Module Re-write

Chris Nighswonger cnighswonger at foundations.edu
Wed Jul 29 14:26:33 CEST 2009

On Wed, Jul 29, 2009 at 6:26 AM, MJ Ray <mjr at phonecoop.coop> wrote:

> Chris Nighswonger <cnighswonger at foundations.edu> wrote:
> > Incidentally, this re-write will remove the patron card utility code
> > intitially. It was only nearly finished in its current state. I plan to
> add
> > it back in finished form after completeing work on the labels code. This
> > means it will probably not make it into the next release.
>
> Thanks for the rewrite.  It would proably be helpful for our
> patronCardLogo extension, which is very messily done at the moment.
>
> Can you expand on the above about removing the patron card utility
> code?  Does that mean patron card printing vanishes completely?

Really only if I cannot get to it before the end of August deadline. There
are quite a few changes to the tables that underly the label module which
affect the patron card feature. This is besides the coding changes. I am
working to extract the patron card code and place it in a module to itself
and finish it.

The short of the matter is that the coding changes to the labels module
break the current patron card feature. If there is time before the feature
freeze, the patron card feature will be finished up and included. Otherwise
the code for it will be non-functional at best in the new release. In this
case, the new patron card code should be available prior to the end of the
year at the latest as I have a deadline for all of this work in Jan. 2010.

Kind Regards,
Chris