[Koha-devel] why standard install mode ?

Marc Chantreux marc.chantreux at biblibre.com
Wed Jun 17 13:34:07 CEST 2009

hi Chris

On Wed, Jun 17, 2009 at 10:21:52PM +1200, Chris Cormack wrote:
> If you are installing from git, then the dev mode is good. If you are
> installing from a release tarball then standard is what most people
> would use.

I meant that i use git for production also because it's more quick and
easy to upgrade. I never used another method than the git one even in
production.

> Dev mode is for people who are going to be doing updates, and rollbacks.
> Standard is for the majority of people who download a release, install
> it and leave it.

Imagine you installed koha 3.0.0, if you want to take benefits from
patches (bug corrections), you are now in 3.0.2. I would like to use git
as a 'aptitude update' or 'windows update'. I see it as the best
practice and wonder if i missed unexpected and dangerous effects.

regards

--
Marc Chantreux
BibLibre, expert en logiciels libres pour l'info-doc