[Koha-devel] why standard install mode ?

Galen Charlton galen.charlton at liblime.com
Wed Jun 17 13:58:14 CEST 2009

Hi,

On Wed, Jun 17, 2009 at 7:46 AM, Chris Cormack<chris at bigballofwax.co.nz> wrote:
> You can do that, but lots of people like to run from releases, and
> upgrade when a new release comes out. Standard mode is for them.

Standard mode also exists for the use of packagers who want to base
their package on a FHS layout as well as sysadmins who are not
comfortable with the idea that an inadvertent git pull could force an
upgrade.  I agree that dev mode is very useful for production
installations, and is probably a best practice for anybody who has to
maintain multiple production Koha databases, but different strokes for
different folks.

Regards,

Galen
--