[Koha-devel] Barcode Not Found

Jesse pianohacker at gmail.com
Tue Jun 23 01:14:09 CEST 2009

2009/6/22 Mason James <mason.loves.sushi at gmail.com>

> On 2009/06/23, at 8:54 AM, Roche III, Edward wrote:
>
> > OK...now I opened a item record (through Webmin)like I was going to
> > edit it didn't change anything then saved the record and now I can
> > enter that barcode and it will allow me to check it out with no
> > error. These barcodes were import into a temp table then I ran a
> > UPDATE sql statement to update the barcodes in the item table from
> > the temp table. Can anyone think of a reason why the system will
> > not find the barcode unless I open and save the record first?
>
> well, if you *manually* use sql to UPDATE your barcode values , zebra
> doesnt know about that ;)
>
> so rebuild your zebra-index after, and try searching again
>
> FYI: the correct way to do this is to use the C4:Items:ModItems()
> subroutine - then zebra is updated correctly too

There's technically a second layer between the Koha MySQL database and
Zebra: the MARC holdings tags. Whenever you update something in the biblio,
biblioitems, or items table, you have to run
misc/batchRebuildBiblioTables.pl to update the MARC record, and then run
rebuild_zebra .

(Note that, as Mason said, it usually is easier to use the Perl API to do
this; it'll update the items table and MARC record, and queue the record to
be updated in Zebra.)

--
Jesse Weaver