[Koha-devel] Marc Extract and subject headings

Ian Bays ian.bays at ptfs-europe.com
Fri Jun 26 10:33:32 CEST 2009

Hi.  These are potentially two quite different requirements although
solutions may be closely related.  David is asking about the Koha-generated
$9 subfields (RLIN) against authorised values for subjects, authors etc
coming out.  I see in the Tools> MARC Export screen you can elect to "Don't
export fields" which you could enter (say) "1009 1109 6509 6909" following
the example on screen this should exclude subfield 9 of 100, 110, 650 and
690 tags.  I have not tried it but it looks as if it should do what you are
asking...

As for the discussion on the 9xx tags on import I would think a similar
options field on import that allows to exclude fields or subfields would be
useful to many.  It might also be good if the values entered were persistent
in some way so you don't need to remember them and re-enter every time.

Hope that helps.
Ian