[Koha-devel] Need to Modify Marc Import Tool

tajoli tajoli at cilea.it
Thu Mar 12 10:32:41 CET 2009

Hi to all,

On Thu, 12 Mar 2009 09:36:27 +0530, savitra sirohi
> One of our customers wants the ability to import Follett marc records
> without having to use Marc Edit (to change fields 852 to 952).
> We want to make this change generic such that it will work for any
> import file that has holdings in fields other than 952.
>
> This is what we were thinking, will appreciate feedback on this design:

[...]

> 2. Accept framework code as user input from stage-marc-import.pl. User
> could choose nothing which means input file already has holdings in
> 952. Or could choose Follett or some other vendor.

my vote is for this solution.
I think we need a standard for all about this topic and 952 is OK.
And I don't like modification in the API for this type of work (conversion
and migration).
My experience is that every migration is unique and same specific software
work is a must
for a quite good migration.

So best solution 2, with good documentation to implement a a new code o to
modify
a present one.

In the future a specific API for convertion ?

Bye
Zeno Tajoli