[Koha-devel] Need to Modify Marc Import Tool

Cindy Murdock cmurdock at ccfls.org
Thu Mar 12 14:37:50 CET 2009

>> 2. Accept framework code as user input from stage-marc-import.pl. User
>> could choose nothing which means input file already has holdings in
>> 952. Or could choose Follett or some other vendor.

There are utilities in Kyle Hall's koha-tools collection that pretty
much do this--they act as an intermediary between the bulkmarcimport
script and the librarian, who can choose a vendor framework.  It's for
the dev_week version of Koha, but we're in the process of migrating to
3.0, so I imagine Kyle will be writing a 3.0 version at some point
soon.  I don't know if he plans to integrate it into Koha or keep it
separate, but perhaps it would be useful as a basis for what you want it
to do.  Maybe Kyle can elaborate?

Cheers,
c.

Cindy Murdock