[Koha-devel] RFC : More granular rules for Reserves

Nahuel ANGELINETTI nahuel.angelinetti at biblibre.com
Wed May 20 16:09:26 CEST 2009

Hi,

Le Wed, 20 May 2009 13:55:14 +0100,
MJ Ray <mjr at phonecoop.coop> a écrit :

> Nahuel ANGELINETTI <nahuel.angelinetti at biblibre.com> wrote:
> > I think the faster way is to patch the actual reserves system, but
> > we are not sure of our solutions is the better one, so we are
> > asking you for comments.
>
> I am broadly supportive of your approach, BUT:
>
> > The problem we see with this way to do, is if the user checkout
> > any of his other reserves, the rights at the check-in times won't be
> > the same as when he did the reserve. So he will have more rights
> > than he had, and he will be able to do more reserves than
> > allowed(if no library is specified).
>
> Why shouldn't we revalidate the rights at the user checkout event?

The problem is, if the user have a reserve on a biblio record(not a
specific item), we don't know how to count the remaining rights on the
library where the item is checked-in.
Like this:
Library1 : 2 reserves maximum
Library2 : 3 reserves maximum

Record1 : 1 item in Library1, and 1 item in Library2

User1 have 2 reserves to Library1 et 2 reserves to Library2
When he will do the reserves on Record1, he will have the right to
reserve, because he still have a right on library2 which have an item
of this record.
But then, when the librarian check-in the document on Library1, do we
put the document for the User1?(because he had no more rights on this
library)...
It's quiet difficult to manage think kind of case. Or we can force the
user to choose a library where he want to check-out the item.
Any ideas?

bests,
--
Nahuel ANGELINETTI