[Koha-devel] data import question & 008 use in Koha

Christopher Curry ccurry at amphilsoc.org
Tue Nov 3 16:25:50 CET 2009

Hello all,

We're in the middle of migrating MARC data to Koha.  We tried importing
serials data into Koha and a record that had 1900+ items attached did
not import.  I found the record and tested importing it, removing items
until it would import and found out that 1238 was the maximum number of
items I could import with one MARC record.  Can anyone tell me if there
is a way to configure the import to accept more items?

I used bulkmarcimport.pl on Koha 3.0.1, running on Debian Lenny.

Also, our old ILS has a database issue that results in incomplete export
of records created from original cataloging.  These records are missing
008 fields.  We're working out a method of exporting the data from the
back end and splicing it back into the MARC before import, but the data
imports into Koha without announced or noticeable errors.  I wonder if
we're wasting our time.  Does Koha use the 008 field for anything?

--

Cheers,

Christopher Curry
Assistant Technical Librarian / Assistant IT Officer

American Philosophical Society
105 South Fifth Street
Philadelphia, PA 19106-3386
Tel. (215) 599-4299