[Koha-devel] Zebra search for "lost" / "onloan" items gives up a ERROR 114

Rick Welykochy rick at praxis.com.au
Mon Nov 16 23:20:01 CET 2009

Rick Welykochy wrote:

> We now have a index with onloan items and an index with lost item (one).
>
> The search still returns no results for (and get this ...) items
> available. It should return results for all the books from the original query
> less the one or two on loan. But it goes into ERROR 114.
>
> How can ERROR 114 refer to both "OID not found" and "index not found" ?

I have had some feedback from Mike Taylor at indexdata. He informs me
that the error codes returned by zebra server are Z3950 error codes (1)
which surprised me.

Reference: <http://www.loc.gov/z3950/agency/defns/bib1diag.html>

Our remaining conundrum concerns "lost". The only difference between
this item in the Koha install that does not search correctly (i.e. ERROR 114)
and another Koha install that does work is this, in record.abs:

record.abs:melm 952$1      lost,lost:n

record.abs:melm 952$x      lost,lost:n

i.e. we have changed the MARC subfield tag for "lost"

Can this affect the indexing? If so, how?

I have done a recursive diff between the working and non-working
instances in the zebra config file are in /etc and all files are
identical except the above mapping.

Also, the data in the non-working instance was imported from Koha/2.2.9
so there are quite a few differences in the MARC. We have ensured that
the record.abs file reflects these changes.

cheers
rickw

--
Rick Welykochy || Praxis Services

A lie can travel halfway around the world
while the truth is putting on its shoes.
      -- Mark Twain