[Koha-devel] 3.0.3 install on Debian squeeze

Thomas Krichel krichel at openlib.org
Wed Oct 7 22:55:18 CEST 2009

  Yesterday and today installed my first koha system, 3.0.3. I use Debian
  testing, squeeze.

  I have a few small suggestions.

  -1- In the install instructions, don't reference dselect.  It is a
  deprecated tool. Instead, simply make
  install_misc/debian.squeeze-packages read as

apt-get install apache2
apt-get install apache2-mpm-worker

  etc, and tell folks to "bash" it.

  -2- The two README files in install_misc/ should really be up in
  the parent directory

  -3- in the web installer, I saw something like

 <form  action="/cgi-bin/koha/installer/install.pl"
   name="checkdbparameters"
   type="post">

  It should be

 <form action="/cgi-bin/koha/installer/install.pl"
       name="checkdbparameters"
       method="POST">

  -4- On first perl Makefile, I entered a password say
  foo&bar. This lands up on line 180 of koha-conf.xml as

<pass>foo&bar</pass>

  and make test croaks on this. The values need to be
  encoded.

  Cheers,

  Thomas Krichel                    http://openlib.org/home/krichel
                                RePEc:per:1965-06-05:thomas_krichel