[Koha-devel] Cannot delete patron category

MJ Ray mjr at phonecoop.coop
Wed Oct 7 10:41:21 CEST 2009

Zico wrote:
> When i go to delete "Kid" category, it shows me the error that, "Cannot
> Delete. This category is used 4 times". I am not sure about those users who
> are in "Kid" category; but, i am sure that, we don`t need them anyway. So,
> now, *i want to forcefully delete this "KID" category". *How can i do that?

Quickest way at the moment is to connect to the database, run
  select cardnumber from borrowers where categorycode = 'C';
and then use the librarian pages to find and delete those borrowers,
then delete the category.  I may have the wrong categorycode there,
but the idea is the same.  It seems like a good idea to find where
they came from.

I have a PatronSearchSQL patch which allows similar searches to be
run from the librarian which is awaiting review by its sponsor.

By the way, please don't send HTML email to lists.  HTML email is the
worst sort of attachment. Usually there's a plain text copy too, so
it's just a fat version of the message you already sent, plus that is
sent to maybe hundreds of recipients. It's a lot of waste.  Please send
plain text only, if possible, and ask your email provider (Google?) to
make it the default if "list" appears in the address.

Thanks,
--
MJ Ray (slef)  LMS developer and webmaster at     | software