[Koha-devel] Reconciliation branch --mail à dest ination de la communauté Besoin de ton aval

Chris Cormack chris at bigballofwax.co.nz
Thu Sep 3 20:36:59 CEST 2009

2009/9/4 Zeno Tajoli <tajoli at cilea.it>:
> Hi to all,
>
> At 14.40 03/09/2009, LAURENT Henri-Damien wrote:
>
>>After discussing in Yesterday's IRC meeting we have two options :
>>a) test master AND reconciliation branch at about the same time which
>>would double the work. But reconciliation branch could be already there
>>(you can check it out from koha-maintenance/reconciliation)
>>
>>b) rework the reconciliation branch and come down to a simple bug fixing
>>branch.
>

> as CILEA we prefer the path a). For us is ok to test the present
> koha-maintenance/reconciliation
> with bugfix and same extra.
> As soon as possibile I download it and test it as soon as possibile.
> In fact we prefer to work on 3.0.4
> instead of 3.2

Hmmm

I still strongly feel that 3.0.x is a maintenance branch and should
only contain bugfixes.
And that b is the much saner and safer approach.
Doing 2 major feature releases at the same time will be a nightmare to maintan.
IF there are features in 3.0.x that are missing in 3.2 they should be
ported forward, we should not be bringing features back.

Chris