[Koha-devel] Upgrade from Koha 3.0.0 RC1 to 3.00.03

Allen, Justin Justin.Allen at Teradata.com
Wed Sep 9 01:43:19 CEST 2009

Hi All,

I was hoping to get some guidance on the feasibility of performing an
upgrade/migration from Koha 3.0.0 RC1 to the current release 3.00.03.

The organization I work for has been using the RC1 version since its
release last summer and tasked me with the project of trying to resolve
some bugs that have cropped during their use of Koha. As a starting
point I thought it should be possible to upgrade the software and see if
that would clear up the problems they have had. I am unsure of the
compatibility of the database data and schemas on RC1 compared 3.00.03.

Will the upgrade be as simple as deploying the new binaries as outlined
in the upgrade section of the INSTALL file? What other pitfalls should I
be aware of?

Thanks,

  Justin Allen
Teradata Engineering Intern - TCAM R&D