[Koha-devel] Problem with koha-zebra-daemon not restarting

Robert Lyon bob at katipo.co.nz
Fri Sep 11 12:08:26 CEST 2009

Hi,

My name is Bob and I'm having a problem with the
/etc/init.d/koha-zebra-daemon restart

it gives me this error

Restarting the Zebra Server
daemon: fatal: failed to find pid for koha-zebra-ctl.koha3: No such file
or directory

I'm unable to locate the missing pid file and want to know if/how to
kill the process and start a new one

I can currently do searches in opac so zebrasrv looks to be running
right - but i need the change i made to
etc/zebradb/marc_defs/marc21/biblios/record.abs
to be picked up

I'm using debian etch

I tried lsof|grep zebrasrv to find process number to kill it but each
time i try that it instantly reappears at new process number

I would appreciate advice on how to kill the current zebrasrv process
and how to start it up again properly.

Thanks