[Koha-devel] To mantain documentation on Mysql tables, indexess and relation

Joe Atzberger ohiocore at gmail.com
Wed Sep 9 06:24:42 CEST 2009

If Chris was accurate in saying that there was active pursuit of postgres
compatibility, then only the second option would make sense.

My own estimation is that pg-compatibility is so far from being implemented,
for most code it almost doesn't matter.  By that, I mean that the database
representation and the entire DBI will likely be changed (e.g. DBIx::Class)
"underneath" most of the work to make Koha's SQL queries compatible (before
they are converted).  But in these two cases, the kohastructure.sql file and
updatedatabase.pl, I don't see any way around it.  They would have to be
compatible.   Or at least, their being compatible would be better than there
being a *different* updatedatabase file and a *different* kohastructure
file.

--Joe