[Koha-devel] Rewriting the Dev_Week Reserves Updates

Owen Leonard oleonard at myacpl.org
Fri Sep 18 15:22:18 CEST 2009

>  I'm rewriting my dev_week reserves patch for koha3

Hooray! I've been coveting your dev_week holds enhancements for ages.

> Expiration Date: An optional date after which the reserve would be
> automatically canceled.

I second this one. Besides David's suggestion (which might require a
*global* holds expiration date? By patron category? Sorry, I should
stop), I can see public library patrons wanting holds cancelled if
they haven't come in by the time they leave for vacation, or book club
members wanting a hold cancelled if it isn't fulfilled by the date of
their meeting.

> Set to Lowest priority: When the reserve was set to this it would
> always stay at the bottom of the reserves list, even if a new reserve
> was added. This one is a bit harder, but still very do-able.

The situation that springs to mind on this one is the library staff
member who wants to read a bestseller but who doesn't want to displace
a patron on the list. The hold wouldn't be filled until you were the
last one on the list?

Good stuff,

  Owen

--