[Koha-devel] Staff Sessions get timeout'd even though they have been active

Michael Hafen mdhafen at washk12.org
Fri Sep 25 20:34:59 CEST 2009

My librarians brought to my attention that they were being logged out of
Koha because their session timed out, even though they had been active
less than two hours prior ( timeout sys. pref. is set to two hours ).  I
added a couple warns so I could see when lasttime was updated and when
someone was timed out.  I saw timeouts on sessions that had been active
from 3 seconds to 1 hour 43 minutes prior.

pianohacker suggested changing session storage from the database to the
filesystem, which seems to have fixed the problem.

Has anyone else seen this?  I don't want to file a bug if it's just a
problem with my setup.

Thanks.

--
Michael Hafen