[Koha-devel] Creating New Pages in Koha - second request

Michael Hafen mdhafen at tech.washk12.org
Fri Apr 23 16:28:10 CEST 2010

Glad you got the page to work.

On Thu, 2010-04-22 at 15:20 -0700, Richard Forristall wrote:
> Thank you all for your replies!  It's only when the obvious is staring you in the face do you realize how much there still is to learn.
>
> My issue was permissions -- once I did a chmod on the .pl page, it worked! I made the assumption that if I saved a file to the server it would immediately be executable - wrong :0)

[snip]
> I haven't created the process to actually run the zebra reindex yet. Now that I have the new page available, that's the next challenge.  I'm assuming I can use the perl system() method to run the "opt/koha/bin/migration_tools/rebuild_zebra.pl -a -b -k -reset" from within a .pl file, that is after setting the KOHA_CONF and PERL5LIB environment variables first.  My plan is to have links on the tools page.  One would be a link to a .pl file that would run the necessary steps to perform the zebra reindex then provide feedback to the librarian.
[snip]

I think the command you are looking for would be
`/opt/koha/bin/migration_tools/rebuild_zebra.pl -a -b -z`

The -k option is to keep the export, which I doubt you need to do.
The -reset option re-initializes the index, which I doubt you need to
do.
The -z option is for processing the zebra update queue, and I'm sure
this is what you are after.

Setting environment, in case you don't remember, is done with %ENV, and
system() looks like the way to go from there.

Good luck.

--
Michael Hafen
Systems Analyst and Programmer