[Koha-devel] Modifying biblio data with SQL

Brendan Gallagher info at bywatersolutions.com
Mon Apr 26 20:09:05 CEST 2010

Rick -

you may want to take a look at sync_items_in_marc_bib.pl

which will update your marc blob and marcxml - from your items table.

Read through that and that should give you an idea.

Cheers,
Brendan

On Mon, Apr 26, 2010 at 11:06 AM, Rick Welykochy <rick at praxis.com.au> wrote:

> Hi all,
>

> We wish to make some minor tweaks to biblio data that was imported
> originally using bulkmarcimport.pl.
>
> I understand where the data resides in the biblio,biblioitems,items
> table trio and can do the fix with some SQL.
>
> My question regards the other place the data is stored, i.e. in the
> marcxml field in the bibioitems table.
>
> Should I make the same changes to the marcxml data that I make in the
> table trio?
>
> If so, why?
>

> tia
> rickw
>

> --

Brendan A. Gallagher
ByWater Solutions
CEO, Director of Innovation
Support and Consulting for Open Source Software
Installation, Data Migration, Training, Customization, Hosting
and Complete Support Packages
Headquarters: Santa Barbara, CA - Office: West Haven, CT
Phone # (888) 900-8944
http://bywatersolutions.com
info at bywatersolutions.com

See us at ALA : BOOTH # 817