[Koha-devel] MARC Record Import - Not Getting Items

Richard Forristall Richard.Forristall at goodwillaz.org
Wed Apr 28 00:03:51 CEST 2010

Hi all,

Our librarian is having trouble with her MARC record imports.  On some
of the imports, the record imports, but doesn't import the item.  So in
an OPAC search the record appears, but shows "Availability: No items
available"

The librarian has worked with the vendors to modify MARC records, but
it's a hit-or-miss situation where some records will update with items
and others won't.

I just performed a zebra reindex last week for another issue and that
didn't help with this issue.

I assume the MARC record needs specific information in a specific
location to properly map to the Koha database during the import process.
Is that an accurate assumption?

Can anyone tell me where in a MARC record the item information needs to
be stored so I can assist my librarian?

She is currently having to manually add items in Koha to books that are
on the shelf when students are checking out the book.

Any and all help is very much appreciated :--D

Thanks,

Rick
Rick Forristall
Programmer Analyst
Goodwill of Central AZ
602.535.4078

Through your generous material and cash donations - we provide free
human services programs that create hope, jobs and sustainability for
central Arizonans. In 2009 your donations transformed 25,000 lives. Good
Stuff. Good Work. Goodwill.

We Put People to Work!
A 2009 Best Places to Work Winner
www.goodwillaz.org