[Koha-devel] zebra oddity

Colin Campbell colin.campbell at ptfs-europe.com
Wed Aug 11 11:12:20 CEST 2010

Hi,
  found a weird bug in retrieving author names via ZOOM. It was
originally reported to me as a bug manifesting in the output of
cloud-kw.pl that in the resulting cloud authors with surnames beginning
in C were appearing in truncated form i.e. hristie, Agatha rather than
Christie, Agatha. A bit of experimentation shows that the query being
generated:

my $ss = $zbiblio->scan_pqf( '@attr 1=Author @attr 4=1 @attr 6=3 "a"');

which should pull author names is stripping initial C out of the field (
so that Christie is returned as hristie and filed as such).

If instead of 6=3 I use 6=1 (retrieves a word only) Christie is
correctly retrieved and filed.

I can reproduce this on different platforms, wondered if anyone with
zebra expertise has any idea what might be going on here.

Colin

--
Colin Campbell
Chief Software Engineer,